Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dare To Be Different!



My family and I were on our way back from an overnight stay at my parents house in the mountains when it happened. I had heard and even read articles about an albino doe around the Falls Lake area but I never expected to see her. My wife and three boys were fast asleep as I turned off the interstate and drove down the HWY that would take us home. I often saw deer at night as they would feed on the shoulder of the road and along the ditch lines. As I turned the corner I saw glowing eyes up ahead and then as I passed there she was! I yelled really loud and the whole car shot up from their sleep. I drove down about 1/2 mile and turned around to go back. As I approached the spot where she was standing, we watched as she disappeared into the forest. This was the first and last time I saw the big white doe. She stood out among her friends and she did not blend in with the environment where she lived. What a wonderful example of how we should be different from the world, "Albino Christians". 1 John 2: 15-17 says this, " Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world -the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions-is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." Some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment