Friday, June 19, 2009

Papa please preach!

As we all celebrate fathers day be in prayer for each other. The Christian men of today are in desperate need of a "restructure". As many of us may be fathers, and some becoming fathers we need to be reminded that we need to be a positive role model for our children. Often I see my three boys doing things that I do, or imitating me. As I sit back and watch I am reminded that they learn from me what a man is supposed to be like, how a husband is supposed to respond to his wife, or a father to his children. I pray daily for God to give me strength to overcome worldly temptations and to be a godly role model for them. Deuteronomy 6:5-7 says "You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and talk of them when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." So we are commanded to love God and talk about our love for Him, teaching this to our children all the time. Please fathers, be the man God desires you to be, and pass it on to your children. I am praying for you all, and feel free to e-mail me any personal prayer request.

No comments:

Post a Comment