Friday, May 22, 2009

Did You See That?


Summer time was here, and like always my family had packed up the car and headed south for a week. My grandparents lived in Marco Island, FL and it was a paradise for me, as I would spend day and night fishing in the canal behind their house. But this day we had went offshore fishing and had been fishing most of the morning. I was on the back of the boat fishing when a giant sea turtle popped up beside the boat. Terrified I yelled for everyone to look but it had disappeared back down into the deep blue. I started telling the story, but could tell no one really believed me until it reappeared, this time for all to see. When we returned to land and told the story it was not just my word, but everyone on the boat saw. What if after His resurrection Jesus only appeared to a few people and then disappeared? Would people believe? Luke records in Acts 1:3 "He presented Himself alive to them after His suffering by many proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God." Not only did he appeared but he stayed with them for a month and a half after he defeated the grave. Proving to them that he was the Son of God. Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 15:6 that "he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep." More than five hundred people saw our risen Lord. So Christ did not just rise from the grave and ascend to heaven, He stayed and presented himself for forty days, and then Luke says "as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took Him out of their sight." (Acts 1:9) Praise God for all that he does and continues to do in your life. We worship and serve the risen King! We serve Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment