Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Little Hunter, Big Woods

O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have given him (man) dominion over the
works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
all sheep and oxen,
and also the beast of the field,
the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea.

As I read this Psalm I am reminded that this passion that I have for the outdoors has been provided for me by God. As I continue to follow Jesus, He continues to bless me and provide for me. The Lord knows what I enjoy and he has now brought me to do His work in one of the best deer hunting and fishing spots in this great state! I have been deer hunting since I was about 12 years old and last year I was able to harvest the biggest buck that I have ever taken. I am looking forward to this years deer season. I have been turkey hunting a few times this past two weeks and have seen lots of birds, but I just cant close the distance. I really enjoy just sitting in the woods and watching, it makes me think of the first half of Psalm 8...

When I look to the heavens, the work
of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you
have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,

The woods that I so love to sit in and be a part of, is all part of Gods great creation. And as I sit I cant help but remember those words..."what is man that you are mindful of him" how small I am compared to the big woods I sit in, but God still cares for me.

O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment