Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dont be Fooled!


It was still dark as I set up a decoy 40yds from the old house that I would spend the morning hunting from. I had hunted out of this old vacant house, that sat in the middle of a cotton field, the night before. Just before dark I watched a nice buck move through the woods and chase a doe across the field. This morning I was back and this time with a little help from a doe decoy. After I set up the decoy in the field I sprayed her down with doe-in-heat spray and climbed into the old office chair that looked out the broken window of the old house. After the sun rose, I noticed movement in the woods beside me, a few moments later a buck stepped out and headed straight for my decoy. It was not the buck I had seen the day before, but I was on a hunt with my father in the great state of Alabama and I was not going to let him show me up that morning, so I squeezed the trigger and took the buck that had made the fatal mistake of thinking my decoy was the real deal.


Paul warns Christians in 2 Timothy 4:3 that "a time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." Just the other day I saw an advertisement proclaiming the "good news of Jesus Christ" they asked for you to call and receive a free book on the teachings of Christ. After I researched this group I found out they did not believe Jesus to be the Son of God only a good man with good teachings. It was a decoy! Just like the buck that saw my decoy must have thought, "it looks like a deer, it smells like a deer, it must be a deer!" This advertisement looked like the gospel, sounded like the gospel, but it was not the gospel!

In Paul's letter to the Church at Galatia he says this "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel, which is really no gospel at all." he goes on to say "if anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than the one we preached to you let him be eternally condemned!" (Galatians 1:6-7,9)

Study and seek God in His word. So many people today want to find other ways to heaven.

Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

That buck followed what he thought was a doe, and it was a deadly mistake. Don't make the same mistake! Hell is real! God is real! Our sins are real! Jesus Christ gave his life as a sacrifice to wash our sins clean. If you do not know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, all you have to do is admit that your a sinner and hopeless without him, pray for forgiveness, and believe that Jesus is the Son of God that He died on a cross and rose from the grave and you will be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment