Saturday, April 25, 2009

Choose Your Path Wisely



Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)
Making the right decision is not always easy. Doing the right thing is not always easy either. I spent this morning on one of the best turkey hunts I have had in years, and at the end of the hunt I was empty handed. So what was so great about it? Well I thought all night, just like any other hunter, on where I would hunt and how I would hunt. Would I go after the turkeys or get set up on the field line and wait for them? I made the decision to get set up and wait for them. At first light the woods became alive with the sounds of gobbling turkeys. After a short while I noticed a few birds in the field heading in my direction! I watched as they got closer and closer 5 hens and a jake. I don't have many opportunities to hunt so I decided to take the jake, well two shots later birds were flying all over. Poor shot placement, I was discouraged to say the least. I moved to another field and spotted a hen feeding at the edge, so I got set up and started calling. I looked around to see the largest turkey I have ever seen, heading right towards me. He got about 50yds and moved off in the wrong direction. I tried to bring him back with no luck. After calling at him and looking in the woods behind me I turned and looked forward again into the big field and there was another big Tom 60yds and closing. When he got about 40yds out I went to take the safety off and that was all it took, he was in the air flying high over the pines. Wow what a morning! I had made the right decision on where and how to set up. I can see how some hunters may have gotten discouraged over this, but I was not, I had made the right choice.(I just need to work on the shooting)
Making the right decision is not always easy, make sure that you can live with the outcome of the choice you make. I have made the decision to follow Jesus Christ and to make Him Lord of my life. This decision glorifies our Creator and allows us to spend eternity in Heaven. Romans 10:9-10 says "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
As I said making the right decision is not always easy, but in this case it is. You either spend eternity in Heaven or Hell. The choice is yours!

1 comment:

  1. We are so thankful for our pastor and his family. We are so blessed Adam missed the "turkey" and not God.
    LoL,
    Wayne,kelly,colton and caleb

    ReplyDelete