Friday, August 21, 2009

BEE STUNG!

Just the other day I was picking up some apples from under the apple tree, so that I could feed the deer. I had picked all that was on the ground and decided to "shake" the tree to drop a few that were hanging. After a good shaking the ground was covered again and I began to pick the apples back up, when I noticed an army of bees pouring out of a hole in front of me! Before I could get away I was stung on the wrist. I am allergic to bees, (but not in a way that my throat swells or anything) before and hour had gone by my entire arm was throbbing and swelling fast. After a couple of hours my fingers were swollen and the pain was horrible. That night I didn't sleep to good, and the next day I was only worse. After some much needed advise and some ice and medicine the pain and swelling started to leave. This got me to thinking about how little things like bees can create such a pain. Sometimes in our walk with Christ we get "stung" by little things that create pain and swelling in our souls. These stings can come from other Christians or co-workers or for a lot of people FAMILY, and most of the time it causes us great pain. But we need to turn to our Great Physician Jesus Christ and let Him ease the pain and reduce the swelling. Sometime it takes time but with Christ all things are possible. And you may be reading this and come to realize that you are the one that is stinging people, if so ask the Lord Jesus to help you stop bringing pain on others.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the good messages you bring with each post! I enjoy reading them. Hopefully you are doing much better again!

    ReplyDelete