Friday, July 31, 2009

Pick & Choose

My passion for the outdoors also include the creatures that live in the outdoors, I enjoy feeding a couple of deer that stop by at night for some corn and maybe a few apples, I also like to feed and watch the birds. The other day I was watching a bird eat from the feeder, and I noticed that the bird was picking and choosing what seeds it wanted to eat. As I watched this bird it reminded me of the way some Christians act. We only want to do what we want, and everything else gets spit out or tossed to the side. We get caught up so much in what we want to do that we forget about everyone else. Not only do we act this way concerning our activities, but we do the same when it comes to God's Word. We pick out the verses that we like and the ones we want to apply to our lives, but the others we just pretend they are not even there. Deuteronomy 8:3 says " man does not live on bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." We need to be aware of our picking and choosing and realize that "pushing aside" important food will leave us malnourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment